Good morning members,
Dicky Beach SLSC is currently purchasing a Rescue Water Craft (waverunner) to use whilst patrolling the beach.
We are looking for members who are keen to gain their Rescue Water Craft Operator Certificate.
The Rescue Water Craft (RWC) Operator course provides participants with advanced skills and knowledge to effectively drive and manage a Rescue Water Craft (RWC) in lifesaving operations.
The course includes 1 night of theory, ½ day in calm water and ½ day in surf and is held by Sunshine Coast branch. A date for the next course is unknown at this stage.
The course pre-requisites are:
- At least 17 years of age upon commencing training
- At least 18 years of age on the date of final assessment
- A proficient Bronze Medallion holder
- A proficient IRB driver
- Licensed to operate a Personal Water Craft (jet ski)
- Have a current drivers license and comfortable to tow the jet ski
- Hold the SLSQ SSV induction award or prepared to obtain this award
If you are interested, please complete the following form:
Chief Training Officer